Friday, January 18, 2013

Change the Limits

If I had to describe 2012 in one word it would be:

Change

My life changed in many ways. I took control of my life again. My relationship status changed. My job title changed, twice: unemployed -event coordinator-account executive. My temporary location changed: no fewer than 65 times. Friendships changed; I gained so many and lost a few as well. My overall outlook on life changed.

While this past year was full of change, my passions and life goals remained the same. These changes have assisted me in getting back on the right track to accomplish these goals and further explore my passions. However, I do not want to lose the progress I have made in re-establishing myself. So, I took advice from a college friend over at, Southern Hospitality, and decided to pre-establish a word for 2013.

Limits
via
I am a believer that to grow personally one must push their limits, to remove themselves from their comfort zones. This girl will no longer settle. Okay, when completely necessary I will have to, but my goal is to push my limits even in the slightest.

See, growing up I wanted to live in NYC after college. Then after visiting Australia, I wanted to move out of the country. Well, after college, I was settling in my comfort zone and wanted to move to Charlotte, NC.
(The foreshadowing moment for my 2013 choice word.)

But something wasn't right inside of me. That is when I received the job offer that would forever change my life. The first big change of 2012.  This job offer is what has led me to this very moment, this realization, this personal growth.

See this temporary job led me to my full-time job, where I planned to work out of the Connecticut office. However, I would eventually settle, again, on the thought of calling Charlotte home. While this was never the plan, it just made sense. I would eventually be back on the road and moving up North did not make sense.
(Please, do not get me wrong, I love my job and I LOVE the traveling! But paying rent up north, while rarely living there...NOT smart.)

So to push my limits, I decided to live with my sister, whom I love dearly, but you see, my sister and I have not always gotten along. I mean, what siblings do? See, when we are with our family we fight like cats and dogs. It ain't always pretty.

However, her roommate had recently moved out and I needed a place to live in Charlotte, it was the best option at the time. AND IT WORKS! While we have our little tiffs here and there, we get along 95% of the time (knock on wood!).

I plan to really push my limits this year, but I will have to settle at times, like living in Charlotte. But by settling, I plan to find a small way to push the limits.
via 
So, over the next year, I invite you to share my adventure of following my dreams, pursuing my passions, and pushing my limits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment