Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tales from my Kitchen: The Perfect Poolside Lemonade

I spent the last few weeks working and vacaying in the Los Angeles area and my dear, sweet friends from WB allowed me to couch surf their home LA between work trips. It came equipped with this bad boy!

Well, one most certainly cannot lay poolside without the perfect summer beverage. I wasn't sure what I was in the mood for, so I let Pinterest answer that for me. After the c

reative juices started flowing, I created the Perfect Poolside Lemonade (PPL).

Here is what you will need:
  • 5 cups water
  • 2 cups coursley chopped fresh peaches 
  • 1 cup chopped fresh rasberries
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed recommended)
Get Ready:
Boil water, peaches, raspberries, and sugar. Reduce heat. Simmer for 3-4 minutes

Set:
Place mixture in blender. Allow to cool for 30 minutes then puree

Just a little longer: 
Refrigerate for 5 hours. (I did this overnight)

 Approaching Heaven:
Sieve mixture into a large bowl. I suggest 2-3 times due to raspberry seeds. 

You made it:
Add fresh lemon juice and stir.

Enjoy!
Pour into an ice cold glass with fresh peaches and raspberries

What is your favorite summer drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment