Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Travel Essentials: Jet Setter

I will be hittin' the road in a mere 5 days. Did I mention it was for 8 weeks?

 Initiate panic attack.

So, during the upcoming days I will am going to share with you my travel essentials, and today is for all of my jet setting friends. 

1. Carry on bag! For my extended trips I like to carry a small duffle bag. Naturally, this will carry all of my essentials below. I have a Steven Madden duffle that I acquired from Marshall's. She has been wonderful, and of course, half the price!
Buy here
2. Comfortable shoes. I personally like my cowboy boots or Chuck Taylors. Let's be honest, security is a pain in our tushies so I make sure to wear shoes I can get in and out of in a snap. Sandals would be the easiest, but who wants to walk barefoot on that ground? Not this gal.
Buy here
3. Cardigan. No matter how you cut it, planes get cold. I always carry a little cardigan or light jacket with me. They stow easily, and can make a plane ride that much easier.
Buy Here
4. Water Bottle. Traveling dehydrates you. Why pay a bajillon dollars for water at the airport when you can refill your own water bottle for free? I suggest a filtered bottle. You never know how a city filters their water, or how it is going to taste. You may pay a little bit for a filtered bottle, but I promise it is 100% worth it in the long run!
Buy Here
5. Toothbrush and toothpaste. You never know what could happen. Flight delayed, or worse, cancelled. Airlines lose your checked bags. You decide to eat those raw onions on your sandwich. All call for a toothbrush and toothpaste. You can Never be too safe!

6. Chap stick. Like I mentioned before, traveling dehydrates, especially flying. So care for those beautiful lips. My favorite is C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve, the apple flavor is magical!
Buy Here
(ps. they are B2G1 right now!)
7. Portable charger. We all complain about our smartphones battery life, which can be no more! Someone smarty pants finally created a portable charger. The best thing about this one is that it is universal! I can use it on my phone, tablet, or ereader! We should all send a big thank you to who ever created this!
Buy Here
8. E-Reader. I love to read and I don't get a lot of down time for it making jet-setting a crucial catch up time. I prefer a back lit device so I love the Nook family, but I have heard WONDERFUL things about the Kindle Paperwhite.
Buy Here

9. Nose cancelling headphone. Bose headphones are a lifesaver. I have a hard time flying with screaming babies and angry cats. Yes you heard me correctly, angry cats. You can listen to your music, watch tv/movies, or simply wear them to muffle the sounds around you. Big investment. Big lifesaver.
Buy Here
10. Document holder. I like to deal with one day through security so I typically check my purse in my bag. Therefore, I like to carry a document holder, or clutch will do, that you can toss in your carry-on bag. I want something big enough to carry my cards, my flight information, and any other essential personal information.
Buy Here
What are your must-haves when jet-setting?

No comments:

Post a Comment