Monday, April 8, 2013

Live your life

It has been 10 days since I turned 25. It seems like it was so long ago. But, between you and me, I have been telling everyone I was 25 for upwards of two months...whoopsies. 
via
So many of my friends are scared of this landmark of a year. 
The big 2-5.
The last fun birthday.
A quarter of a century old.

 Well, I found it thrilling. I feel like I am just beginning to learn who I really am. I am so excited to see what 25-29 has in store for me, because lets be honest, the next "fun" or landmark birthday, is 30. Which, I am not afraid of either. (Hasn't anyone ever told you that 30 was the best years of their lives?)
via
Well, on the eve of my 25th birthday, I reflected on what a BIG year 24 was for me.
I moved out of my parents house. I began paying my own rent and utilities. I got a big girl job that I get to TRAVEL for! I moved to a big(ish) city. I made so many new friends. I spent 9 and half months traveling the East Coast and Mid-West regions of the United States. I mean a BIG year!

But, I was afraid that 25 would disappoint me. I mean, how could I top this past year? So I began to think: What are the things I miss doing in my life? What do I need to do to keep on track for my life goals? What have I always wanted to do, but haven't?

So I started a list. A few days later I finished said list. 
25 things to do while I am 25:
1. Visit 4 new states. I am 23 states away from my "50 states before I turn 30" goal. 
2. Read 20 new books. I get addicted pretty easily, and with all of my traveling, easy smeasy.
3. Accomplish a NO shopping month. Okay, this is a lot to ask, but a girl can dream!
4. Send out holiday cards. What a great way to keep in touch with those just out of reach!
5. Get more involved in my sorority, Tri Sigma. Such a huge impact in my life, time to give back.
6. Run a marathon. Watching my dad in his half Iron-Man earlier this year really inspired me!
7. Take an ASL course. I have learn bits and pieces, here and there. Time for the next step.
8. Volunteer for a cause. I use to volunteer with AHA every year. Time to get back in it.
9. Attend a staple event. Mardi Gras, NYE Ball Drop, NCAA Final Four, Olympics, etc. 
10. Learn about wines. I LOVE red wine, but I cannot hold an intelligent conversation about it.
11. Send post cards while on tour. I really enjoyed the personal messages that come with post cards.
12. Attend 3 major sporting events. This cannot include teams I've already seen in their home stadiums.
13. Go camping. Time to bring out my inner child, and childhood memories. 
14. NO fast food. Biggest challenge on this list, as I travel for months on end.
15. Host a dinner party or brunch. Pretty cocktails and all!
16. Say yes! But not to a ring...
17. Don't spend money just to spend. I am known for retail therapy. It's gotta go. 
18. Treat my parents to something  special. It is the least I could do after the past 25 years.
19. Plan a trip abroad...and put money on it! Traveling is my biggest passion, time to see the world!
20. Donate/Adopt an animal from WWF. I love animals, and what WWF stands for. 
21. Put half of every paycheck into savings. I use to be great at this. No more useless spending!
22. Purchase something expensive. Something for me to be proud of. A lifelong purchase. 
23. Save all $5 bills.  How often do you see a $5 bill? Not often. But is adds up later.
24. Clean out my closet.  And under my bed. And my storage unit. And my junk drawer.
25. Go to an outdoor concert. I could not tell you the last time I did this. They are so much fun!

"To live is the rarest thing in the world."-Oscar Wilde
via
What are some of the things you want to do before your next birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment