Friday, April 12, 2013

Tales from my Kitchen: Tomato Explosion, with Green Beans and Zucchini


So, a few nights ago I was staring into my refrigerator, trying to figure out what I wanted with my chicken. I wasn't really feeling anything I had, but I knew my zucchini had to be cooked. I looked up a few recipes to get some ideas, and decided to recreate one Emeril's dishes, but
I wanted to make it my own.


So, here is what you will need:
  • EVOO-1 tablespoon
  • Zucchini (organic)-2 halved and sliced
  • Green beans (organic)-12oz bag
  • Onion (small)-halve and diced
  • Grape tomatoes (organic)-3/4 pint
  • Garlic-2 cloves
  • Chicken stock (organic/no msg)-1/2 cup
  • Oregano-1 teaspoon
  • Red pepper flakes-1/4-1/2 teaspoon
Preheat:
Heat EVOO in skillet to medium-high heat
First:
Add green beans, garlic, and chicken stock-cover for 3 minutes
Next:
Add zucchini, onion, tomatoes, oregano and red pepper flakes-cover for another 5-7 minutes
Finally:
Check consistency-green beans should be tender, and some tomatoes falling apart
Enjoy!

I cannot explain what made me add grape tomatoes to this dish. It was a very last minute addition, and boy am I glad I added them, they were my favorite part. When I bit into the grape tomato it was an explosion of flavor. The combination of tomato, chicken stock, garlic, and seasoning was perfect. I could have eaten a meal out of these tomatoes. Don't get me wrong, the green bean and zucchini portion was tasty, but tomatoes stole the show.

However, next time I try this dish it will be without the tomatoes to get the full flavor and taste of the dish, without being blinded by one aspect of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment